Thursday, February 18, 2010

Skiing

8:54 AM Posted by: Mad Lord Snapcase 0 comments

I went skiing for the first time and took a beginner's lesson. I was doing okay in the beginner's lesson until my friend egged me to go on a slope with higher difficulty. After many protests I relented and went, after all what could go wrong? Aah famous last words!

So I am waiting in line to get on the lift and my friend gives me instructions on how to sit on the lift and how to jump off it. Cool, not so difficult, except when I need to jump off, my ski's get entangled and lo and behold I am stuck. The lift operator reacts immediately and stops the lift and helps me off. Wonderful, a great start!

I start skiing in a halting manner and I ended up skating on the outer edges. Arrgh. Since I am skating down in a halting manner, I have enough time to notice others going by.

I see kids probably of 4-5 yrs age coasting by without any ski-poles and my jaw drops wide open. Awesome! That did wonders to my already sinking confidence. Nevertheless I was determined that I could do this and became resolute to finish this.

Yeh, things went downhill literally from there. Multiple falls, slamming into a tree, struggling to get up, refitting the skis on, took me 45 mins to get down hill. No broken ribs or any other injuries. I didn't go back up again as it was time to go. I will back to conquer the slopes.

0 comments: