Friday, May 14, 2010

Operation Rescue bagels!

2:42 PM Posted by: Mad Lord Snapcase 0 comments

The department Q works (not the math) in had a conference. Q jetted early in the morning. I came back home around 9.00pm and Q walks in on me few mins later beaming.

Me: How was the conference?
Q : It was good. I am glad I went. Some of the stuff was useful for my research.
Me: Cool
Q : There was a lot of food and there are lots of bagels left over. Like 40 of them! They are likely to go waste.
Me: Hmmn. You want to rescue them?
Q : Well, I don't want to take bagels away in front people I know.
Me: Oh, that's just fine. I will lead the way and you follow. Lets hurry before the cleaners get there!

Hustle, hustle and 15mins later we race down in my car and we arrive at the dept. We glance inside and there are few of his colleagues sitting at a table talking and drinking some wine.

Q : I cant go now, there are people I know.
Me: Alright listen, walk in, say hi to them, ask about the conference and tell them to have a nice weekend and sneak up. (we are getting bagels for crying out loud , not stealing diamonds). You can do it dude. (Cue eye of the tiger song)
Q : Alright.

Q goes, says hello to guys and sits down to drink wine with them. WTF! Grrrr I am sitting out here in the car and this D-bag is drinking wine! He then goes up and packs all the bagels into a bag and walks down quickly in 10mins. He goes 'I got them , lets go!'

We get home and methodically pack all the bagels into the freezer and sit there grinning like a bunch of idiots. Operation rescue bagels is successful and quite bit of food is saved! Woo hooo

0 comments: