Sunday, September 20, 2009

My fancy

11:06 PM Posted by: Mad Lord Snapcase 0 comments

For some odd reason Lewis Carrol popped into my head when thinking of poetry, here is a nice one.

      PAINTED her a gushing thing,
      With years perhaps a score;
      A little thought to find they were
      At least a dozen more;
      My fancy gave her eyes of blue,
      A curly, auburn head;
      I came to find the blue a green
      The auburn turned to red.

      She boxed my ears this morning--
      They tingled very much;
      I own that I could wish her
      A somewhat lighter touch;
      And if you were to ask me how
      Her charms might be improved,
      I would not have them added to,
      But just a few removed!

      She has the bear's ethereal grace,
      The bland hyena's laugh,
      The footstep of the elephant,
      The neck of the giraffe.
      I love her still, believe me,
      Though my heart its passion hides;
      "She is all my fancy painted her,"
      But, oh, how much besides!
Source: http://www.poetry-archive.com/c/my_fancy.html

0 comments: