Tuesday, June 1, 2010

AC Vents & Jane's addiction

8:05 AM Posted by: Mad Lord Snapcase 0 comments

If there is one thing that can drive me nuts at workplace, it is the AC vents. The side effects of it are many.
Folks start to speak louder in an attempt to drown out the noise. Resorting to working from else in the work area would earn you the title "The nomad, the one who never sits at the desk, the one who is not reachable for face time" etc. This is when noise cancellation headphones come to rescue! The ones from Bose work. Listening to music using these headphones has been a very good experience. However there are problems with that. It drowns out all the "hallway conversations/discussion of ideas" that you can always join/contribute and learn from. Arrggh.

God quips in as usual: Numbskull you can get reusable earplugs for less than $5 instead of using the headphones and adding to the landfill with the batteries that you use for them.

Me conveniently ignores God. Who listens to he/she/it anyway? Come on after all God is responsible for the biggest fuck ups till date by creating/evolving humans!

I digress. Over the long weekend, there was a huge seating reshuffle. I got shafted to smaller desk area and near a louder air vent. Arrrgggh! All the team members are kind of annoyed. They share the pain. This is when Jane's Addiction came to rescue. I started the day with Kettle Whistle. It is a pretty good song.

I heard Jane's Addiction for the first time at NIN's farewell tour in 2009. I drove couple of hundred miles to another city to go that tour since I missed their performance locally :D JA's opening was a full blast of raw/energetic music that blew me away. I bought 2 cds of JA. Yes, I buy cd's. I buy them from used cd stores. I am not a fan of online music stores.

0 comments: