Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MSR Drangonfly Stove

8:38 PM Posted by: Mad Lord Snapcase 0 comments

I bought a MSR Dragonfly stove upon B's recommendation I took it to a camping trip. I had an epic fail moment. I couldn't get it to work. It it was mistake I made and apparently it is a common mistake. I didn't slide fuel line all the way in firmly. It is tad difficult to slide it all the way, there is a decent amount of resistance. I had stopped prematurely. There is also a certain way in which the pipe needs to be slid into the fuel pump that comes with the stove. The fuel bottle is sold separately. I got a 22oz fuel bottle.



The yellow circle is around a knob that should be facing in the same direction as the wire handle. The fuel line needs to be firmly pushed to the very end and firmly locked in. The latch then needs to be swung around to be latched in on the other side on the grove.

The stove works just fine. It is fairly simple to get it work once the fuel line is attached to the fuel bottle. The stove comes with a windscreen that is also a heat reflector. The wire handle on the fuel pump and on the fuel line offer a greater amount of control on the amount of fuel that is burnt.

0 comments: