Saturday, November 22, 2008

Broken windows

7:12 PM Posted by: Mad Lord Snapcase 0 comments

Nah, its not a thought about windows that I broke, or the beautiful pics of broken windows, its about this news article. I am sure it has been known for a long time (read centuries) that clean, tidy and well lit places foster more upbeat moods than dark/dingy/unkempt/littered places. This study gives examples of people's behavior in different settings.

Digressing for a moment, I wonder if England's "police state" practices of screaming at people to pick up litter through surveillance cameras is supposed to serve the same purpose of creating a "clean" environment. I seriously doubt it. If you don't know what a police state is, well think of Soviet Union's KGB and you will get the idea.

Its an interesting study, I gave up searching for the original work by Dr Kelling after 2 mins of search on google, too many generic results. Bah!

0 comments: