Saturday, December 6, 2008

After Athens

5:13 PM Posted by: Mad Lord Snapcase 1 comments

Itz a Sunday morning, itz a morning for feeling extremely lazy, a desire to just stay under covers and drift away back into sleep. Yeah, itz a day for hot chocolate in bed..... if only wishes had wings. A shout across the room, dude lets go for breakfast, that's my ex-aptmate Q ex(?)-Italian bf C . Grrrrr. Alright, in a couple of mins I am ready, not before I check emails and stuff and we head out. We drive to the middle of the town to see what's open. At 11.00am, the only place that even looks decent is this restaurant "After Athens". I am not really enthusiastic, since the last vist, a long time ago wasn't that great.

So we stroll in and we opt for the brunch. The dude there, directs us to through a door to another big room, which I don't recollect seeing before. My eyes lit up, the room beautifully laid out and the brunch buffet spread was mouth waterring. It was a good surprise. A great way to start the morning. Nice, it is going to be a good day inspite of the rain outside.

We sit down, order our drinks, water no ice for me as usual and we dive in. A start with lil salad, slices of fresh cheese, small muffin shaped french toasts laced with sugar, some bacon to get me rolling. While we dive in, we talk about normal stuff, idle gossip, till I go, "so C, what about that blog you were gonna start a while ago", then the conversation took a serious turn which I shall write about later. Time for in between to get another helping of the delicious food. There was the sausage patty, the chicken cooked in some delicious sauce which I can't name, tomatoes, cucumber, small wraps, boiled and fried veges as a side, to wrap the brunch.

Yeah, I am definitely going back there for when I visit Q again. We head back and I am off on my way to meet my friend from CA who is in town staying with his brother. The last I saw him was almost 2 yrs ago. Yeah this thanksgiving holiday will go down as a good one, save for one weird/embarrassing/insulting incident. The details of course have been long forgotten, conveniently ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

...I agree the food was very good, but you should listen to your friends when they say they are not together anymore!

-C.