Saturday, December 20, 2008

Warmth in the Cold

8:07 PM Posted by: Mad Lord Snapcase 0 comments

The snow storm is all raging, dropping loads of snows, the wind blowing and me driving up the street, slowwwwwwwlllllyyyyy. Yeah don't want my car to skid and slam into an ice bank. I see this guy who is like limping slowly bravely, mid 30's and seemed harmless. I pulled over and asked buddy do you need a ride, he was like yeah, a couple of blocks down. 10 mins later he is dropped off front of his house. He goes, "thanks man, thanks a lot, god bless you".

:) Yeah at 12.30am in the harsh snow storm, the warmth from helping another person is far higher! I hope someday someone would help me out when I am need of such help.

Earlier in the day I was reading a news article about a school student group that formed to give people hugs and do acts of kindess and a teacher told them "Go do your nice acts somewhere else" and called the cops on suspicious behaviour. The goal of the student who started it was that, yes it is still okay to help strangers and act of human kindness is still a good thing rather be wrapped in suspicion. I lost the link to that news. One can find the needle in the haystack of news aggregation sites.

0 comments: